View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:20 PM
1992 Pearlie original owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDexler View Post
I read Dan Neil in the Times every Wednesday. I missed his piece on the new WRX because I was away last week. However, please note that he is not bashing the SVX. He is bashing Subaru's mis-handled marketing of it. The SVX was launched at the same time as the Lexus SC coupes and the Toyota Supra coupe. Those cars were successful because they were part of an overall strategy by the companies. The SVX, as good as it is, and I love mine, failed because it was essentially an ego trip for the chairman of Fuji, with no real marketing strategy behind it. The failure means that I can finally afford one, but it also means that there was no real development put into the car to keep it up to where it should be.
Paul
Aha, I see your reasoning. I guess you are right when you say Subaru did not market it properly. But those words "biblical proportions" really set me off. I wonder if Subaru has ever seen this site. We are original owners and still think we have the best looking car on the road, no......not "think"......we know it is the best looking car on the road.