View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Mr Soob

McTaff will no longer be in Sydney! Who is free on the first weekend in December?

Hi people!

I have now been informed I have a limited timeframe to spend shooting the breeze with my Sydney-based SVX friends. Unfortunately I will be otherwise detained after Christmas, and into the foreseeable future away from the Home Ground. I will still be on the website from time to time, and seeing as the folks live in Sydney I will be back from time to time, but with ever decreasing frequency, I think.

On that note, I'd love for us to all get together before the Christmas Rush takes up all of our time. However, on the first weekend in December, there is an Air Show in Temora. Temora is a fair distance from Sydney, and if anyone is interested in attending, I'd love to take a nice long trip out there.

Temora Aviation Museum Website

It's a great time to see some flying history - so many aircraft at Temora that are restored to flying condition are one of only a handful of their type in the world.

It would also give Desert Runner a closer target to aim to meet up with us, for those of us already drooling profusely during the nights at the prospect of his delicious 5 speed. (Should he be able to free himself for that weekend).

It's also a nice, cruisy drive - loads of wide open space and nice easy roads. Mr Man In Blue will probably be out there too, so we have to play nice though.

The drawbacks are:
From memory, it's around 4 or 5 hours to get out there, and it would be a 5 or 6 am start for the people wanted to do it in one day only.
If you were to go down on the Friday or the Saturday, stay the night, and drive directly home on the following day, that'd be a better option for most people. So you're looking at a full day plus possibly part of the previous night, and the cost of accomodation.

---------------------------

I shall be going to Temora, so those who wish to come along would be welcome.

If there is enough interest we can always have a day trip to somewhere in the Sydney basin the following weekend. It is getting close to Christmas though.

Anyone who is interested in going to Temora, or would like to get together but can't get to Temora and is interested in a different approach (on the following weekend) please post in this thread.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178