View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Thank you everyone for another GREAT Reading

Another busy couple of days for me so I really didn't get to spend nearly enough time enjoying the fine company but I'd like to thank everyone for a great weekend. Of course some not so nice things occurred (i.e. my SVX is now in RI or hopefully is and Jesse's is at Jim's) but overall I hope everyone had as much fun as it seemed you all were. If not please let one of the planners know (Nubs, Bluebyu, Green1995SVX or myself). It can't be made better if ya don't speak up!!!

As for next year I definately know I will bow out of planning but hope that someone or someones will step in and give Reading a new fresh direction. Then I will get to sit back and enjoy myself.

Also an update on the autox. We managed only two of our 4 runs. The radiator gave out on my second run (thanks Tomsvx for the spare!!!) We installed the new one in a quick 10 minutes burning my arm with coolant of course in the process. Dave then got his second run beating my 2nd time by about .3 seconds. He parked it in the grid and again she was spitting coolant. This time from one of the intake manifold coolant lines that stupid me forgot to put a clamp on in our haste to get it up and running. After a very nice safety stewart bent over backwards the first leak to allow us time to make the repair we quietly began to pack back up.

Impressions of the car though were definately good... Handles amazingly without the extra weight. I'm told that on my second run I was on 3 wheels around every turn (something that is typically limited to VWs and Honda Civic hatches). The car had plenty of power and grip that I know we could've taken our class in the morning (not sure who ran in the afternoon though as we bolted soon after working our corners). I did loose about 3 seconds off the start my second and fastest run with a rich running flooding that kept me at a crawl off the line for a good 100 feet. We're hoping to have her patched up for good by next Sunday to get her back out on the track. This time at Hersheypark's lot! Hopefully, it'll be sorted enough that all the little issues that we missed are done! It'd be great to have it running the whole day!

Again, thank you and I hope everyone has or soon will make it home safely.