Thread: Any Linux pros?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 02:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz
What distrobution are you using? I find that a good beginner distro is Suse. Very user friendly compared to some of the others. Without more information I don't know how anyone could help. Are you using a router? Or are you directly linked to the modem with ethernet using PPPOE? And if your using USB to link to the modem, forget it and use ethernet. USB is a real PITA for internet useage. Its not very reliable.
Hey Wiz,

I'm using SuSE version 9.1, no router, and Qwest is telling me to use PPPoA, not PPPoE. I figure that is where my probem lies, but when I try to set up the DSL with PPPoA in YaST it wants me to put in information that Qwest did not provide to me. Should I just try to configure the modem to work with PPPoE? Oh, I'm also using ethernet.

If you need more info from me, please let me know. I'm hoping I can have my Linux up and running so I can leave windows behind!!

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/