View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I didn't see anybody say anything like that. We just said we didn't like it.
I could probably pull up over 50 threads where people talk about the XT being a good looking car. Just remember that i'm here to remind you ("you" in this case being the population of this site) that things work both ways. You can certainly call the Aztec ugly, cause it is. However just as Subaru lovers can excuse the XT's ugliness and remember it for it's more versatile traits, Pontiac lovers can do the same for the Aztec, even more easily in fact because it is quite possibly one of the best buys there is at present time. No other vehicle can do everything the Aztec does and still deliver it's price, reliability and economy. But enough about that, you don't really care about that anyway. The fact remains it is an ugly vehicle. Fortunately looks aren't everything and us guys should be thankful for that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I'm sorry there are opinions out there in contrast to your own.
And i'm sorry that after all we've talked about you still get all up in arms whenever anyone makes a comment about a Subaru that is less than worship-like. Looks like you need to take your own advice this time. All I did was make a comment in the Aztec's defense and remind those slandering it that their prized brand is not without it's styling mistakes, and again I become the enemy. Once again it's a case of "you can say what you want as long as it's mature and you don't question the mighty Subaru".

Quote:
Originally posted by upnygimp
I hate to break it to you, but thats not a real Aztec. It's actually a Vibe thats been very thouroughly massaged to look like an Aztek. It also has over 500HP and is RWD if I recall correctly.
It's an Aztec body with a Corvette C5R subframe, it's also AWD. A Vibe? No way. Why use a FWD-based unibody design that would have to be completely redesigned for a project which is really just a "look what we can do!" effort?

This reminds me of what I recently found on John Ligenfelter's website. For those who don't know, Lingenfelter engineering is one of the premier GM licensed tuners, and the creator of some of the fastest and best handling vehicles in the world. Anyway, they have a package available for the new CTS-V. Again for those who don't know, the CTS-V is a four door Cadillac with 400hp, and can run 0-60 in about 4.6 seconds. Nice. Some may ask why? I can't answer that - a family car that outruns a good chunk of the sports cars available today. Doesn't really make sense to me either. Back to my story once again, the LPE package for the CTS-V is a 427ci LS6 motor that produces 510hp. The cost is $25,000 complete. So for $100,000 you can have a four-door Cadillac that can outrun and outhandle most of the sports cars available today. Yeah I can see the need, or even desire for that. No wonder these tuners have no money. Meanwhile the GTO has 350hp and can barely catch the 2002 Trans Am WS6. They may just be a little off focus here.