View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 10:12 PM

Spec clutch slipping sometimes?

I converted my SVX to a legacy 90-94 5spd and used a spec stage 2 clutch. It origanly slipped horribley, 1/4 throttle in 2 would cause it to slip, then i was extremly gentle to it for the 500 mile break in period and it did not slip at all. I then raced a my friends 89 supra turbo up to 130 mph no slipping. Today after school, i pulled out onto a street and lanched farily hard it was raining and i thought i was spinning my tires because the engine reved up so, so i shifted to 2nd and it revved up agian, 3 rd same thing, then i babied it for about 1 min then floored it no problems at all, then i tried to launch from a stop in 3rd no problems. After i went home i took the car back out and tried to launch in 3rd agian with a little more slipping to get the car started, the clutch would not hold any power at all, it was slipping horribley. I let the clutch rest for 2 mins then floored it no problems. I thought it may of been related to the rain for some reason so i went home. Then i went to a place and was coming home and saw a STI the light i was waiting at turned green and i wanted to catch up so i did a harder than normal launch, i lanched probley at 2500 rpms, the clutch started to slip again in all gears with any real amount of power. So i caught up slowley to the STI, then the STi turened were i had to go so i follwed it and eventully raced it no slipping clutch. Any ideas whats wrong, it seems like when ever i slip the clutch to do a fairley hard launch it just starts to slip hooribley. Is some thing out of adjustment?