View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 07:19 PM
imppow

Unhappy engine swap wiring

Hi, I need some help. A friend and I thought it would be fun to swap the SVX motor in to a 1990 Legacy. he had the Legacy and I had a rolled 1992 svx. every thing has come to together well but now we have to wire the engine. the problem is that Subaru thought it would be funny to combine the engine and the chases wiring harness together ( HA Ha ha, not funny ). I thought I could maybe adapt the Legacy harness to the SVX engine, no not happening to many extra wires needed. so that leads me here looking for someone how might know a thing or two about this. I have concluded I will need to separate the SVX engine part of the wiring harness from the rest of the harness and wire it in to the legacy. my biggest problem now is that the wiring diagrams I have is in the Chilton repair manual you can get at the local Checker auto parts store. it dose do a pretty good job of listing the wires but it is basic and I come across two or three wires of the same color coming out of the ECU when it only list one and can't tell me witch slot it is in.
If any of you in svx land have any other suggestions or have real Subaru wiring diagrams for these car it would be greatly appreciated

thank you.