View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 10:11 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Re: Won't pass emissions....may need new cats

Quote:
Originally posted by driverdave
My 92 LS-L won't pass emissions (in Colo.). The check engine light has been on most of the time since I aquired it, yet it hasn't stored any codes. My mechanic guesses that it might be saturated cats causing the CO level to be twice the limit. New cats from Subaru run $1600 installed.

My question is this: does anyone know of a source for new cats that are affordable. Not that I would, but it's against the law to install used cats on any vehicle in my state.

This car is going to be the death of me. With no codes, the Subaru techs have no where to start to figure out why it doesn't pass emissions. And I don't have the time or money to just start replacing parts one at a time until it passes.

Any help with emission ideas and/or new cat sources would be greatly appreciated.
show me the emmision result with a scanner i will tell you where to start and be done.
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon