View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm pondering a bunch of life changes and the SVX is caught in the flux. We'll see.

Jerry and Harry-that's my favorite shot but I do have more in my locker from this event. Should have washed the car that morning

LAN and Tom-thanks for the encouragement. I've made some changes but as you stated, they must be more substantial to excel. The leaking Koni's are upsetting and I need to get them straightened out. I will try lifting the car a bit as she has been cornering on the bumpstops (the wrong way to increase spring rate I know). Coli-overs themselves do not put you automatically in to SM. STX allows for them as well. Not sure which direction or car to move forward with. Staying with the SVX for autoX to me means significant cost adders and more custom bits. By the time I look at seats and harnesses, strut tops/camber bolts/rear lateral links, and new tires I'm at well over an additional $2500. I'm trying to decide to stay with this platform and it's quirks and limitations or move in to something else. Either way a massive sell-off and parts give-away is in my mind at this time.

Dave and Bill -I was looking for some classing insight from you guys, thanks. Detroit region runs separate sub-classes when using street tires instead of race rubber where allowed. My times in this car as currently set-up put me very close to if not leading the T(street tire)SM class. Food for thought. Not a national class, but still could be fun to be more competitive. Regular SM top level guys here all tralier their cars. Then again, the top STX guys all trailer their cars too. Maybe that's the missing link???

David-I'd love to get some feedback from more qualified drivers, but our regions events are typically so full that we rarely offer fun runs. Many days I've been on-site for 10-11 hours. I will keep it in mind as it is a great idea.

Trevor-thanks for the sage advice. I have no on-track experience and this event was far faster than the typical autoX here in the states. This shot was taken on my first run while accelerating through the longest straight (I was at approx. 75-78mph at this point) approaching the first turn. I was a bit apprehensive as you've noticed . I also don't fit well in the car while helmeted as I'm too tall (another reason for the replacement seats). I feel I need to muscle the car around due to the still significant understeer and I was ready to try and toss her around. I was able to cut significant time (2.5 seconds on a mid-50 second course) off my later runs where I was more comfortable with the speeds and how the car would react. Did experience some nice controlled slip around the first big sweeper. Nerve racking at first but more enjoyable later in the day

Thanks for the out-pouring of support here. I'm going to analyze some of this years class times and the rule book this weekend...assuming I don't rallyX her on Saturday

Last edited by wawazat??; 06-19-2007 at 09:20 AM.