View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 06:25 PM

Registered SVX
Good on you Todd,

The object of the exercise is to have fun. You can be sure that your efforts in a less than competitive vehicle are being noticed and are appreciated. There will always be others with more money and better equipment but less able as drivers, who will beat you. Been there many times and it is hugely frustrating.

In the hope of being helpful and constructive rather than being taken as obversely critical, I will comment further with sincerity and in good faith.

It could well be that the photo is not indicative and you may have been caught in a moment of unusual attitude. However it would indicate that you are driving the car via the steering wheel, rather than feeling it through the seat of your pants and conducting it via the controls. You should be laid back relaxed, in complete contact with the seat as part of the car.

Ride it, rather than drive it, conduct it rather than push it is the operative idea. The steering wheel and hands should be outside of the thought process while driving.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!