View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Another thrash

followed by a weekend of autoX and Solo trials. Did the 60K service minus plugs (a bit late at 68k) and installed a Perrin lightweight crank pulley I got cheap. Had a bear of a time getting the crank pulley off until I made a tool that worked as I didn't want to try the breaker bar and starter method Finished at 10:30 Friday night and drove until 2:30 to reach the hotel and course site.

I'm getting discouraged with the SVX as an autoX vehicle in STX as WRX's routinely whip my butt. The car is cornering much flatter now with the 450 lbs/in front springs and (leaking) Koni inserts. A friend pointed out that the car is sooo long it makes cornering a challenge. I am routinely beaten by better than 4 to 5 seconds and I'm trying to decide to continue to invest in this platform (harnesses coming and I'm thinking about seats and better tires) or move on to something else. G stock Mini's make that a difficult class and all the wheels and tires I have are 17's. I can't stomach gutting this car as it is still so nice (I'm racing the 95L). I need to re-read the class rules but am wondering if I ever complete my manual swap which I *believe* puts me in SM what I might be able to do???

In the end, just venting and pondering.

BTW-Solo trials are high speed solo events (think 75-80mph) and here is a pic from yesterday

Todd

Last edited by wawazat??; 06-18-2007 at 03:28 PM.