View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 04:20 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Nice facts you listed there, never knew anyone in the 1960s had it in them to engineer a variable AWD differential system. Then again in the age of mock 4 jets and virtual nation destroying nukes deployed from hight tech nuclear powered submarines I should expect nothing less. I never knew about the creator of the Corvette, Zora Arkus Duntov, let alone his contributions to the automotive world. This reinstates my theory that automotive technology hasn't really changed all that much in 30 years, it is just more and more vehicles have access to it.

Also, if you are talking about this Ferguson I don't think he is related to the Jensens Brother who founded Jensen Motors in the 1920s, who probably decided to name their first AWD luxury sports after the man who they incorporated what essentially is his technology into and tied it with their background in Formula 1.

Funny thing is now that I think of it, I can say that the Subaru SVX AWD is as much to what Zora designed as to the Ferguson layout. Unless you cannot count power being variably controlled through electronic torque conversion rather than through physically controlling the differentials. Or I am just confusing myself and in fact everything that has to do with the tires moving has to go straight through the differential, please enlighten me on this.

All this also makes me think there is a possible way of hacking ECU, solenoid or whatever controls to torque conversion split into sending more power to the rear wheels at times.

Last edited by Weebitob; 11-21-2004 at 04:24 PM.