View Single Post
Old 11-25-2001, 09:25 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: need info

Quote:
Originally posted by bgs02
I'm considering a 97 svx with around 35k mileage. have read a lot about the notorious tranny problems. does anyone know if the problems were eliminated in the later model years or if not if they are at least less frequent? I love the car but can't deal with expensive and/or frequent problems with tranny and/or bearings. please advise
I am not sure about the later cars but the trannies do die on the SVX around 50-90k miles. It depends on how hard the car was driven. The car is great but it does cost money to maintain the car. It's not like a civic where parts are lined up at the junk yard either. So If you are getting a SVX, I'd look into the history of the car from the owner -- records are important here!

Also call up 1800-subaru3 to check if there were any major repairs done on the car -- you will need the VIN number.

Good Luck

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!