View Single Post
Old 10-03-2001, 11:57 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
quiet hum

The hum is really quiet. I don't know if it does it when it's cold because I'm driving below 25 MPH when the car is cold...I don't hit the interstate until well after it has warmed up. I don't even hear the noise at regular highway speeds. But, driving cross country made me feel the need to push the limit and travel between 80 and 85 the whole way. When I let off the gas in that range I hear a quiet hum. BTW, the 80-85 MPH cruisin was good for a $115 ticket in Texas. My first one...damn! I guess that's better than the MI police catching me on my 135 runs (those were rare). Anyway, synthetic fluid is going in today. Thanks for the recommendations and diagnosisisisis (however the hell you spell it). I'll let you all know how things turn out.
Mat-1
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me