View Single Post
Old 10-01-2001, 07:56 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Low RPM issues (Pleas say it's not the tranny)

Well, after 3 long months of hard work and studying at school in Flint, MI, I had the pleasure of driving my SVX back to Sandia Park, NM...about 1,700 miles. Noticed a few minor things along the way that I would love to fix because they're annoying, but that I hope aren't too serious. First...when I'm below 2,500 RPM in ANY gear (except in first where I can be at any RPM) and I lightly accelerate, the car jerks through the acceleration until it reaches roughly 2,500 RPM. The jerks aren't rough, but they are obvious hesitations every time the car lightly accelerates under the stated RPM. Also, when allowing 4th gear of the tranny to slow the car from say 85 MPH, meaning I just let off the gas rather than brakeing, there is a quiet hum. It sounds kind of like a bearing going bad, but I know it's not because 1) I have 2 brand new rear wheel bearings 2) It only makes noise in the described situation 3) I put it in neutral when I heard the noise and it went away. So, anybody have any ideas on what may be going on? I'm gonna change the ATF tomorrow because it's about that time, so hopefully that will help. If anybody has any suggestions let me know. Thanks
Mat-1
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me