View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 04:04 AM

Registered SVX
Harvey I have read your words again and again. I see no inference towards Ò wheel revs Ò, or any suggestion of same. I quote verbatim : -

Your measurements of 1/2 a turn out after 1/2 mile equates to the center clutch slipping 1.77 turns in about 445 revolutions, or about 1.4 deg per revolution.

Ò Your measurements of 1/2 a turn Ò surely refers without doubt to MychailoÕs figure, to whom your post was addressed.

The figure he stated was 6.4 Ft. based on practical measurements and based on this figure figure wheel revs equate to 412.5 for 880 yards. Tyre specifications have no relevance as practical measurements is what this thread has been all about and the figure under discussion was defined by Mychailo.

Ò the center clutch slipping 1.77 turns in about 445 revolutions Ò surely means the revolutions it ( the clutch ) has completed.

Your logic in quantifying clutch slip makes no sense and is incorrect. Clutch slip is understood, expressed and quantified as just that, i.e. slip occurring between the friction surfaces of the clutch.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!