View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Re: Zero Pressure Waterless Coolant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
Aftermarket Gadget and Gizmo Rule of Thumb: If it worked as advertised, automakers would be all over it.

dcb
Not necessarily...
I can see several reasons why in this case this wouldn't be true. Their extra cost would be a negative for one. Anything that costs them $100 more and they make 1,000,000 cars... Also I think that the general public might not be ready for this yet... probably an understatement... if the reception from the members here is any indication and it probably is a pretty good indication. "As the world turns", some will come around!

Any change, after obama selling America on "change", has really made everyone in America gun shy, and the thought of adding additional "change" is extremely frightening.

The most difficult problem I can see would be to get ALL of the existing coolant out of the system. SVXFILES, oab_au, and possible another guy will know the best way to do this.

The coolant fans or the thermostat will not be a consideration. The point of less time for the fan to operate is simply a way to gain a little better gas mileage. As far as the thermostat in the water pump is concerned, the SVX engine is designed to run at a certain temperature and any change would probably not be beneficial. RPM of water pump is also a non-issue.

Since there are apparently no downsides to this except a little work to get the existing coolant removed, and possible the original cost of the new coolant, I am seriously considering doing this to one of our SVX's. If it works as expected, all three will get the same. If it doesn't, I will simply change back. Since no modifications are required, that wouldn't be any big deal either.

Keith

Last edited by kwren; 03-01-2012 at 09:59 PM.