View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: 4.44 , 4.11 or stock ? and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
So, even on 4.11, 4.44 trannies, etc... You would encourage the power mode mod and the QC for those as well? I think I can see why, but I'd like to get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

I was thinking of doing both of these things when I install my 4.11 tranny, but after reading your previous post, there's no thinking about it at all, it's going to be done!

Also, I have the 4.11 TCU, so would you recommend I use it in my conversion, or just use the stock TCU with a quick change? Is the quickchange compatible with different TCUs?
I have a Aust. Liberty that has a power mode switch the same as the JDM SVXs have, we drive it in PM all the time, except on the expressway. The SVX got the, 'floor the throttle and hang on' type, which is only good for acceleration. We got had.

This is probably the best and cheapest mod you can make to the SVX. There are a few that have both the Quick Change and the Power Mod, and all the reports that I see has convinced me to convert my Aust. TCU to switchable Power Mod.

You all over there, only have to stick a wire into the TCU plug to a switch to ground.

Use the SVX TCU to keep the higher rev change points.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.