View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: tcu to duty solenoid mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patb3 View Post
Hello,

I read a FAQ that SoCal-LS-L made (it was in his signature) about a tcu to duty solenoid mod. I tried searching for more info on it here but couldn't find any. Hoping someone knows more about this. Here is the excerpt from the FAQ:

"For firmer shifts, you could also do the same thing from the TCU to 'duty control solenoid' A to remove the signal. This would force full line pressure into up shifts. For 4-wheel drive 'lockup', you can disable (switch off) duty solenoid 'C', this will lock the car in 4 WD (50/50). You could probably wire all of these circuits into a single switch (say under the accelerator pedal, or tied to the 'Manual switch"). This would be great for racing."

I am mostly interested in this for manually setting the diff to 50/50 (I live in Maine with bunches of snow). Thanks!
That FAQ was written some time ago. A lot of information has been leaned since then.
Turning the A solenoid off is not the best way to do it, it produces a number of other problems. The best way to help the gear shifting is to fit a Quick Change.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45197

Locking the C solenoid should only be done when running the 1/4 mile.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.