View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
11:1 CR Race/Street Engine build

As many of you may know, I am putting together a race/street engine for Dan Nall/ Shotgunslade's SVX.

Particulars:

11:1 Supertech Pistons from LAN
Eagle H-beam rods
ACL Bearings
Polished crank
Web Cams weld/grind w/ custom profile specifically for this engine
Brian Crower coated SS intake&exhaust valves
Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers
RallyBob ported cylinder heads
Equal length headers
Tomyx intake
200mm HKS Mega Flow Element
Hydra Nemesis w/ custom tune
740cc Injectors (poss. running race fuel/ E85 for track days)
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Cometic HG's
ARP head studs & fasteners
Remote mount electric water pump w/ aux cooling paths to cyl heads to try and repair the overheating issues tracked EG33's have had in the past

Shotblock has already had all clearances set by my local speedshop and was fully assembled in-shop at AWD. WE are aiming for a power goal of 260AWHP w/ matching torque. This is for two reasons, 1. It needs to pass NJ emissions 2. It needs to be able to be driven on the street effortlessly.

Granted we could create a huge cam like Rallybob and the EG33RS guys did but we needed something a little more subtle.

This is not a cheap build and the budget Dan has allotted has allowed us to use very high quality parts and address many issues others have experienced in the past. My expectations for this engine are much higher than the goals stated earlier. I fully expect to be flirting w/ 300AWHP/tq but time will tell. More once I know more from Web and Rallybob on the heads

Tom