View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
For cleaning, I use a parts cleaner filled with Pine Sol Heavy Grease formula (water soluble). It works well for cleaning the parts. Then I wash them with soap and water and throughly dry. I also bake the parts prior to powdercoating for 45min at 500 degrees to bake off anything that might be on the pieces.

The manual says to coat the inside of the calipers, the outside of the pistons and the o ring lightly with brake fluid.

The red stuff is for lubricating the slide mechanisms.

In order to install the dust shields on the front calipers, I took a piece of 2" PVC from a central vacuum system (sch 80) and cut a section off about 1.5" long. I stretch the piston side of the dust seal over the PVC, the reach my fingers through the PVC to set the outer lip in place. Once that is done, I install the piston 2/3 of the way (through the PVC into the caliper) and then hold the dust seal while pulling off the PVC. The dust boot snaps onto the piston and I push the piston in until the dust boot fits in the groove.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker