Thread: Sold it today
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 PM
svxless

Registered SVX
Sold it today

Well, after about 3 years I sold my silver SVX today.

She didn't have much wrong with her, just some wheel bearing noise and a clicking axle, obvious little paint chips and dents, the black top and trunk were starting to fade pretty bad, and a small oil leak.

Originally a California car, it was shipped by the previous owner to NY where it sat in storage for a small amount of time and then I purchased it and had it shipped to Nebraska with 84k on the odometer. I used it there as a daily driver for about two years, and in April last year I roadtripped down here to Arizona where I've been going to school for the last year. Sold it today with 126k.

I wasn't 100% set on getting rid of the car; believe me, I loved the thing. This was my second SVX, the other I got right when I turned 16, so I've been daily driving an SVX for the last 5 1/2 years basically. Lately I'd been tossing the idea around of selling it. I could definitely use a bigger car, and would really like to not worry about having to locate and buy one of those windows if they broke (especially the windshield, not to mention a lot of the other parts), and so I threw the idea out to a few people that I was thinking of selling it. Just last week a coworker of mine asked if it was for sale and told me his brother was VERY interested. I let him come out and look at it a couple days later and he told me right then he wanted it. Being that the car was really pretty clean (only one small rust bubble on the pass. door) I feared the idea of taking it back to Nebraska after I graduate school and putting it through the nasty, salty winters we deal with there, so I was happy to get rid of it where it can at least stay rust free down here in AZ. My coworker owns an '06 wrx and I guess a couple other people in their family are Subaru guys too, so I felt pretty good handing the keys over.

I've got a million stories with that car, and I could go on and on for days about all the good, the bad, and the most memorable times I've had in the SVX. It was the hardest thing to watch it drive away today for good, but I'm ready to move on. I'll always be able to say my first two vehicles were the most fantastic cars I ever could have asked for, and who knows, maybe I'll own another sometime down the road.

Last shot I took before she drove off:

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time