View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 03:05 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: Would you buy/use recap snow tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90 View Post
that video has nothing to do with the recap tires you are talking about
read the title they're using the recap tires to do the race. they tried to keep racing and use as much as tires as possible and drift as well.

i was worried about if you don't have times to watch and read. U want more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ05tDNWACw

another two long videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by7oL...om=PL&index=60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf1HX...eature=related

I have watched a lot of more videos about it and read a lot more if you want to know.

Here's a letter for you to read:

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA AND ALL MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

For Immediate Release
PACIFIC GROVE, CA, July 2009

July 8, 2009

Dear President Obama and all Members of Congress,

The Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau is a non-profit, member owned industry association. I am writing today on behalf of our members in the tire retread and tire repair industries to bring to your attention the tremendous contribution our members make to both the environment and the economy.

Thanks to retreading and properly made tire repairs hundreds of millions of gallons of oil are saved every year while greatly reducing the scrap tire problem by enabling tires to have safe additional lives.

The safety of retreaded tires has been proven and continues to be proven daily beyond a shadow of a doubt by millions of vehicles worldwide, including school and municipal buses, fire engines and other emergency vehicles, commercial and military airlines, taxis, small package delivery services such as FED EX, UPS and even the U.S. Postal Service, as well as by countless commercial vehicles in both the private and public sectors.

There is even a U.S. Federal Executive Order (13149) MANDATING the use of retreaded tires on certain government vehicles.

You might also be interested to know that I drive on retreads on my personal vehicle, as does my wife and son on their vehicles.

The purpose of this letter is to both bring the above to your attention and to offer to send you our Retread Tire Information Packet, including a CD and two DVDs that explain and illustrate in great detail the environmental and economic benefits of retreaded tires.

We hope you will take us up on our offer since the more you know about retreading the better informed you and your staff will be regarding the huge amount of money that can be saved by our government – on the federal, state and local levels – without sacrificing safety, performance or handling.

The retread industry was green long before the word became fashionable. In fact, our industry can boast that a retread tire has one of the highest post-consumer contents of any recycled product, and, refreshingly, the user of retreaded tires will always spend a little LESS than for a comparable new tire.

In these days when every penny of savings counts in government spending, we hope you will allow us to send our materials and that you will speak up for retreading as a viable alternative to higher priced new tires. It’s the right thing to do.

We will also be happy to arrange a tour of a retread plant for you and any of your staff members who wish to see and better understand the retread process and to observe how a tire is properly repaired.

Our industry also maintains a Speakers Bureau and we will be happy to speak to any public sector or private sector group anywhere to more fully explain the many benefits retreading and proper tire repairs bring to private and public sectors everywhere.

Finally, we want to bring your attention to the fact that every major new tire manufacturer strongly supports retreading as part of the life cycle of a tire.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Harvey Brodsky
Managing Director
Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau/TRIB

Generally, after some reading and research, I think recap tires are getting better than before. They're reliable if you take care.
Recap = Recycling
Recap = Cost effective
Recap tires use about 68% oil less to make one big truck tire than making a new one. So it's good for environment for using less oil.

Personally, I haven't used one yet. When I use them, I will know more.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05

Last edited by SSSVX; 01-14-2010 at 03:13 AM.