View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 02:44 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: Would you buy/use recap snow tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
Good stuff. Just remember that with two snows on the front only your grip is very front biased. Especially when you've got a near empty gas tank, the back end of the car will be very light and have poor traction, which will make it want to swing out in corners all the time. Take the car to an empty snow covered parking lot and drive in large circles, gradually accelerating. You'll see what I mean.
Thanks and I'm aware of this problem. My SVX would do that sometimes.

If the road has lot of snow or is slippery, I'd usually slow down first before I get into the turns.

I didn't plan on getting snow tires. I just need traction to go up/down hills and stop the car better. Two is good enough. If I sell the car, I will give them to the new owner. Plus, my apartment doesn't have the storage and I keep my all season tires in the kitchen.

So far again I AM very impressed and happy enough with the snow tires. This is for my daily-drive, 2006, lightweight(2500lbs), 5 spd manual car. I have put about 150miles on this tires now. I get traction to go up snowy steep hills with ease. Going down the same hills easily with proper brake control. I try to go fast on some curvy snowy roads. It greatly reduces a lot of understeer. I can't wait for the next big snow storm.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05