View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 05:19 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by neffer View Post
I do have a short somewhere that is draining the battery. I connected a multimeter in series with the negative battery post and have a reading of over 200 miliamps. Pulled each fuse in the block inside the car with no change, disconnected the alternator-no change. SBF #4 fuse located in the fuse block under the hood if removed will change the reading. Diagram shows wiring going to the ignition switch. With fuse removed I get a no start or no dash lights which is expected. Anyone have a clue what is connected through this fuse or anyone else had a short at this location? Any help at this time would be appreciated. Thanks
The manuals show that fuse No. 4 supplies the fog light circuit which is quite complicated. A drain of 200 milli amps is hard to fathom. You must accept some residual standing current to maintain clock and computer memories. How much does the reading change after removing fuse 4.

While registering the current drain, try removing the fog light relay and observe results and report back. If the drain changes it will put some of the circuitry out of the suspect area. Damp spider webs or whatever, behind the fog lights are a thought.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!