View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Porter

Kelli, you commented that your younger friends think you look nothing like your mother, yet older people think you look exactly alike.

Perhaps that is a perceptual issue... the things that make you look unique are quite different from your mother. The things that would stand out as contextual references to a younger viewer are the things that make you look older and more mature, while the things that would stand out to an older viewer would be the things that make you look younger, i.e. the shape of your cheekbones and your eyes, etc. Those features are what you share with your mother, the things that give you both a wholesome youthfulness. Perception is a powerful thing and is guided primarily by the predisposition of the observer.

I see both sides... you do share many features with your mother but overall your presentations are quite different. The family resemblence is obvious, but I would hesitate to say that you look "alike." If your skin tones and hair color were closer such a statement would be easier to make.

In short, you're two pretty ladies! If you age half as well as your mother you'll be a knockout at 50.