View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 11:43 PM

Re: Sleeve Lock Regulator Replacement with PHOTOS

A big thanks to Gene for the loan of his spare clip! Thanks!

Took the first pass at creating the replacement sleeve locker clip. All the key dimension are with in 0.1mm between the original and the copy. Note, the copy does look slightly larger in the picture, but this is because it has square corners, and the original has more rounded corners/edges making it appear slightly smaller.

Also, a week ago my passenger side window stopped working, and the motor just runs. I've not taken a look yet, but it might be an opportunity to test out the 3d printed Sleeve lock clip.

Next steps in development:
- Make sure the clip fits in a real window assembly.
- Try to identify places to add reinforcements to the clip.
- Publish model and code on thingiverse.com.

Ideally, I should take an old SVX door, hook it up an Ardunio with relay shield, and make it drive the window up and down all day counting the number of operations before the clip breaks. But I don't have a spare door, or space to set that up.

The clip should probably be printed in Nylon, so I will try to get a price from shapeways.com (and order one if it's not crazy expensive).

Another possible approach to getting a durable clip could be casting it in nylon resin, or something. Using the model I could create a two piece mold which could be 3D printed, this could be used to cast the final clip.

Cheers,
Ian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sleeve_3d_print v0_1_sm.jpg (243.5 KB, 1015 views)