View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 02:13 PM

Registered SVX
Question Turns over, fires, then dies! please help!

This is how it all happened. about a week ago my check engine light started coming on for a couple seconds then turned of. It did this about once every 30 min, while driving. I checked engine and all fluids, everything looked good. So i was goin to make a appointment at subaru and get a diagnostic, i never really got around to it. so a couple of days my check engine comes on again but stays on this time. during this time the car ran perfect like always even with the check engine light on. so drove with it on a couple of times,because i needed to get to important things. now when i went to go start it this mornin it turned over like normal and then it fired up but then died instantly. Does this everytime. I've checked all of my fluids, connections, battery is good, alternator good, i tried disconnecting my battery. still same thing. any ideas!? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Whats seems odd to me is when i turn the key to the on (to make the eletronics come on, right before starting it.) the fans instantly come on, and stay on. after the first 5 seconds, the fans get faster (i can here them pick up speed). Again any ideas? Please help. thanks!
2004 Subaru WRX -- Platinum Silver Metallic; Sold 2011
1995 Subaru SVX LS -- Brilliant Red; Sold 2006