View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 07:06 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
I hope you still thanked him for putting up with you. In the end he did do whatever it took to make sure you were happy with the final product.
Oh yeah, and I am not happy with the final product either, just so you know. They put some crap they call "dum-dum" in the door to quiet things down and the fumes that are now in my car are horrendous. After two weeks the odor has only just started to fade somewhat and on a hot day the fumes are suffocating and will give an instant headache. My son can almost not even breath in the car due to his reaction to the fumes. They make my wife dizzy and nauseous. And for some reason it comes out of the A/C vents as well.

The window in the passenger door also does not go up and down as quickly as well as it used to. Whatever they tightened up seems to be binding the window a little. It got a little better after a few days but initially it was so bad that it took almost 5 seconds for the window to go all the way up.

If the noxious fumes from whatever they put into my door to not fade dramatically sometime really soon I will be going back to them with the treat of a law suit for using something that has such bad effects on people. And in a car no less! What if my wife was driving the car and she was impaired enough by the fumes to have an accident? You really have to expreience how bad it is to understand how serious a problem this could be. It's all I can do to not go back there and rip someones head off for all they have done to my car. They have ruined the "SVX experience" for me as I have begun to dread driving it and actually loathe the fuggin' thing. And to top it off you have the balls to infer that I have been a nuisance to them and should thank them for "putting up with" me! What planet do you live on??

Johnny (really pissed off right now and fired up and biting my tongue hard. Thanks a lot)

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.

Last edited by CigarJohnny; 07-15-2004 at 07:09 AM.