View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 06:48 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
I hope you still thanked him for putting up with you. In the end he did do whatever it took to make sure you were happy with the final product.
Yes I thanked him but I really don't think I owed him anything. The job they did was shoddy and the initial guy I was dealing with was rude to me to start with and the resentment I felt was directed at him. So, David, do you always thank people for putting in the extra effort to do a job that they blew aside and did half-assed in the first place? You think I was being too picky in wanting my door to close properly or be aligned so it seals at teh top when closed? Perhaps I should be grateful that they were willing to retouch a paint job that had missing spots in it? I tried dealing with them on a curteous and professional level in the beginning but when the first guy blew me off all bets were off! The manager that then assisted me was great. I was a little nasty with him in the beginning but considering what led to that and the way the dealership treated me up to that point one can hardly blame me. After all, if I had not given them anything to "put up with" nothing would have been resolved. At any rate, I had been very grateful to his extra effort and made sure he knew it.

I used to never make a fuss about things but over the years I have learned that there is a time and place to be nice and there is a time and place to be a PITA. The trick is to figure out which tactic to use and when. Being nice will get you far in most situations but you have to recognise when it's not working and when being a prick might serve you better. I've gotten a lot in life by being nice at all times but I've also been sh*t on a lot because of it too.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.