View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 PM

Registered SVX
Re: What I've been up to: new daily driver acquired: 97 Legacy GT wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scoobysvx View Post
it ran excellent for me as well. when i bought the car you said the propeller shaft was bad and thats the noise. well i learned that you were way wrong and it was bearing failure. brian that issue put my schooling on the line. if it wasnt for pete saving my ass i would be out 50k. thats what real friends do for one anouther. now being as nice and real as i possibly can. get a car that will get you to and from were you need to go. stay away from awd as its alot more to fix when it breaks and high maintnece. get something fwd. its cheap and most are reliable and cheap to maintain. im sorry but you should have learned after the first 2 that subarus are not for people on a tight budget. if your not gonna listen and keep buying these pos clunkers then dont complain about it
I said the driveshaft wasn't balanced from when the transmission swap was performed, which was what I was told by the previous owner (who was/is a member here and is well known). At no time did I ever say the propeller shaft was bad. I was also told by said previous owner that the rear bearings had been replaced not long before I purchased the car. I did state that I had my mechanic check the bearings at inspection time because I personally had some concerns about the noise in the rear (right after I purchase the car), of which I was told they were fine, and I provided you evidence that supported that they were checked when I gave you the records with the car.

I really would rather not get into this, as we've already discussed it in length, but if you insist on continuing the conversation, you are welcome to take it to PM. As far as I'm concerned, its water under the bridge and useless to continue, seeing as you know where I stand on the matter. Again, I feel bad that you had so many troubles with it, but it was out of my hands at that point. Hindsight is 20/20, and knowing now what I know, I never would have sold you the car. Put yourself in my shoes: I lost someone who I thought was a friend over this crap, and have now learned that I will never sell another car to friends again (goes back to hindsight being 20/20).

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac

Dino pulls (Tom dresses up in a Barney outfit and stands on rollerskates as we drag him around the parking lot)

Originally Posted by svxfiles (in response)

Purple fur and "Drag" are not words usually associated with Tom.