View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 PM

Registered SVX
Re: What I've been up to: new daily driver acquired: 97 Legacy GT wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scoobysvx View Post
brian this situation seems real familar dont it? hows it feel being on the end of the ****ty stick. if there was a lemon law for used cars dont you think i would have come after you for my 2800 back that i foolishly paid for a car worth no more then 1500 at most. sorry but karma sucks
not getting into this. I've said what I had to say on the matter, and you know where I stand. And I still feel the car was worth the money, regardless. And AFAIK, lemon law applies only to dealer purchased vehicles, not private sale. Doesnt matter anyway...

As far as the price vs. problems, I am very aware that any use car regardless of price has its problems. And I was aware of certain issues with this vehicle which werent an issue when I purchase it. I don't mind repairing vehicles, and price certainly wasnt an issue when I purchased it, however my major gripe is that I drove less than 150 miles before the car went to **** (I am very anal about maintenance on my cars and dont beat the tar out of them). Paying more for a vehicle was not an option. If it had been, I would have purchased that A6 from you Green, however the $2500 valve job on top of the price tag put it way out of my league. My budget was $2000, with a max of $2500. Certainly if I had the money I would have purchased something else.

If in fact the fed law does only apply to new cars, I have one other avenue of recourse. I was smart enough to purchase not only an Autocheck report, but also a Carfax and InstaVIN report. The vehicle does qualify for buyback through both Autocheck and Carfax, however I do need to look into the specifics more. I have come to find out recently that this vehicle was sold at a salvage auction by Copart in Massachusettes (presumably to the previous owner/salesperson at the dealership I purchased it from).

But screw it. I've had enough. Mods, please lock and/or delete this thread, I'm done. I don't need to sit here and put up with mudslinging, I have enough things on my plate stressing me out, I don't need more.

Originally Posted by Huskymaniac

Dino pulls (Tom dresses up in a Barney outfit and stands on rollerskates as we drag him around the parking lot)

Originally Posted by svxfiles (in response)

Purple fur and "Drag" are not words usually associated with Tom.

Last edited by DiabloScoobyru; 11-05-2012 at 09:35 PM.