View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
As I was test driving a forester XT the salesman told me to wring it out. It had about 50 miles on it. I told him I didn't think that was a good idea and he said not to worry, the techs go through them quite well and it would be fine. I still felt bad about it but I had to see how she pulled.

I remember the legacy GT being very quick around 20mph - it would just take off even at about 1/4 throttle like it was on crack. It definitely had a kick in the pants around town.
What I didn't like was the passing power - or lack of it. It just didn't seem to kick me in the ass on the highway. I was really expecting the car to throw me back in the seat - maybe I was expecting too much though. I really thought this was going to feel like a V8 with the hot turbo. I'm sure they have plenty of power but it was kind of like when you go to see the grudge after all the hype and then it ends up sucking. I tried the autoshift out but didn't like it that much. Felt about the same as the autostick in my in-laws passat. They are very fine cars though. I think with an ecutek tune, catback, and some minor suspension mods they would be an awesome car that would challenge my will to keep the svx.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.