View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 05:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

I agree. However, they're two designed for way different purposes. The SRT4, is basically, a track car. It has a STIFF suspension, low profile tires, lots of power, and doesn't weigh much, tiny, etc. The WRX on the other hand.... also has a lot of power, all wheel drive, a CUSHY suspension that can take large bumps and ruts, REGULAR tires (not low profile), weighs more, is bigger, etc.

If you were wanting a car to drive everyday, and drive in the winter, and haul stuff.... duh.. WRX... if you were wanting a car to take to the track, or go autocrossing, i'd say the SRT4. In a road race, I have a feeling the SRT4 would KILL the WRX, purely because of the suspension differences.

- Rob
I haven't read a lot about the SRT-4, but one of the articles I did read was in a Mopar fanzine. The article was a comparison of the SRT-4 and the WRX. Even in this obviously biased magazine, they complained about the SRT-4's handling problems - body roll was an especially big gripe with them. One of the photos even showed the car taking a turn with one rear wheel off the ground.

What is so brilliant about the SRT-4's suspension, in your opinion, that makes it so awesome?

And, yeah, I'd definitely agree that the cars are built for different things - if you can specilize four-door compacts any more, I'd like to see how. If the WRX is 'cushy,' I'd say it's due to the car being built to handle more than the occasional pothole.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE