Thread: im back in iraq
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Subaru_Newbie

me again

hey, i dont think you guys really know how much it means for me to here that. alot of people don't agree with why were over here. I was over here during the invasion as the spearhead of my division moving north from kuwait and we saw plenty of action. but now you basically drive around all day in a heavy slow humvee and try not to get blown up with the road side bombs that litter our area. i just hope when we come home this time we dont get treated like we did when we returned from the war. i've never been spat on or been called a baby killer so much in my life. people dont realize that this is a job. just because we do what were told doesnt meen we belive in it. anyway im just a 22 year old newlywed new father (5 month old) who missed his 1st anniversary (today) and will miss his daughters first christmas and birthday, including my birthday and wives. im a normal guy who wants to get out and work on cars go to school and make a living like everyone else. anyway enough of my ranting i just hope people are open minded about what we do... and no matter how much we talk about it no one will understand what we go thru on a daily basis. as far as killing terrorists! i wish i could find them... they hide with a cell phone or wireless door bell anything to use as a trigger for the 155mm artillery round bombs... they blow them and run away hiding in buildings... basically you never see them... but were gonna go kick down some doors and flip some matresses tonight so who knows...