View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 05:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
That's the clutch disk that's in your car now.

I hate to mention it, but if you are intent on getting rid of the chatter, you might want to starting considering the possibility that you'll need a new flywheel too. Just depends on the condition of the flywheel in your car.
I figured on replacing the flywheel along with the clutch since it cost $45 to have it resurfaced and a new one is between $60 and $80 according to my shop.

As for the clutch being one from that shop in NC, I had a feeling this might be the case. Unless Huck had it adjusted way wrong , which I doubt is the case, it should never have worn out so quickly. I would say that the place should be avoided in spite of how cheap his price is. I would go so far as to say I'd be better off with an OEM clutch and just not abusing it than to go with his work again. I have not driven a stock Subaru with an MT but I doubt that the pedal pressure is much less than this. It takes no more force to depress the clutch pedal than in any other stick I have owned or driven. No offense to Chris (GreenMarineSVX), but I think I'll pass on this guys work and would not recommend it to anyone.

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.