View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 09:53 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Talking Volkswagen commercial like SVX?

Is it just me, or does one of those new Volkswagen commercials remind you a bit about SVX fanatics?

The one where a "normal guy" is coming out of the convenience store late at night with some groceries and two creepy looking guys are eyeing his car, looking in the windows suspiciously, etc. He nervously approaches his Jetta and one of the guys gets in his face and mumbles something like "Nice car. This is the Wolfsburg right?" The Jetta owner nods. The guys then go on to tell him that they meet out behind some location on Friday nights or whatever to "look at cars" and maybe he could come. The nervous guy says maybe and then gets out of there fast while the admirers of his car look on.

That's totally how some of the members here are! Chasing down other SVXes, telling the owners they own one too, about this site, about an upcoming meet, etc. And of course some of the owners are like the guy in the commercial, caught off guard and a bit nervous about it. And some are downright rude and don't acknowledge us at all.

Volkswagen's new tag line in this commercial and others is something like "Volkswagen: Just know what you are getting into". Most of the commericals deal with the cult like following and have similar situations. If there were commercials for used cars, this could easily be the SVX tagline!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...

Last edited by WestCoastSVX; 06-26-2003 at 09:59 AM.