View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonar
Sooo....Mercedes are bad cars eeh?

THAT WAS THE MOST STUPID THING I HEARD THIS YEAR ...

That statement HAS to come from a NON-owner ...

Just for fun, I'll give you my example:

The most reliable car I EVER had was a 190D -85 that had 180k Km on it when I bought it.
Because it was a MB it was considered "just broke in", so obviously NOTHING was touched on the car.

I drove another 260k Km with it ....with NO REPAIRS whatsoever!
That poor car hardly got it's oil changed (50-80k Km between!! and the cheapest quailty).

To sum up, the ONLY thing I repaired on 260k Km was to install a new alternator belt !!!!!!

I according to the previous owner, he did NOTHING!

Now, this is not unusual on MB's, not even rated as GOOD among MB owners ........ and just about EVERY taxi in Sweden are MB's ....wonder why.....must be the colors .....

BTW, I sold the 190 to a friend for about 2 years ago ...a he has put another 50k Km on it ....and...NO REPAIRS....

Is that a quailty car or what ....?

/Sonny
...and?

We can all name cars that last forever. I could list for days the GM cars i know of with 200 and 300k on the odometer...but that still means little. My point was based on a simple fact...MB has scored near the bottom on EVERY quality/reliability test there is/was. They ranked 34th out of 40 on Consumer reports list this year, got a D- from Car&Driver, and Automobile magazine ranked them 4th in most warranty repairs per 100 cars. For god's sake they got beat by Hyundai! Sorry but when you charge the kind of money they do for a car, you need to be building better machines.

Last edited by Shadow248; 05-11-2004 at 06:35 PM.