View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
ECUtune Stage 2v6 ethanol, e85, flex fuel, turbo, supercharger, force induction

Ok boys and girls, we've got some Stage 3 cars on the road and being put on the road and now I can turn my attention back to what I do: Engine management software.

I know some of you were wondering what "secret" Chris refered to in the Stage 3 thread that I am working on and I see that the topic of E85 has come up in one of Phil's turbo threads. I'm guessing because he knows the "secret" since he lives in a corn state and is one of our guinea pigs. The "secret" is we are replacing the 2nd version of software on our memory adaptors (the 87 octane code, nitrous code, etc) with software for e85. The first version which will be available for purchase is Stage 2v6. We will be testing it this week before shipping but believe it is done.

Both the premium unlead software in the default memory location of 2v6 and the e85 software in the 2nd memory location of 2v6 incorporate a couple of other substantial improvements. In the stage 2v6 software a lot of ignition timing has been moved from the revision table into the primary table. This changes around the way things work. Instead of the ecu having to learn in additional advance now it runs it to begin with and if need be can take it out according to the knock sensors. With this change we see about 5 degrees more ignition advance being utilized very happily through out a wide range of driving conditions on the street. This provides a real performance improvement in all types of driving conditions.

There are two areas of the table which are not normally seen in a stock svx but are now important for a number of mod'ed svx's out there. The above mentioned change to the timing table dramatically changed the shape of the timing table in those areas for HUGE improvements for these modded cars. The two areas are for 1) of course, svx"ii with forced induction 2)svx'ii with manual transmissions.

There is now an appropriate amount of timing at low rpms to maintian engine operation while shifting a manual transmission. The prior lack is a likely culprit for stalling issues many svx'ii with manual transmission conversions have encountered. There is now also an appropriate amount of ignition timing for those running higher loads than factory. Performance with forced induction etc are hugely improved.