Thread: paint??!?!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 03:00 PM

Re: paint??!?!

I would agree with Gene.

I love the SVX in any color with a black top,and even better with the rear windows smoke tinted to some degree, along with it. You could even perhaps use the Subaru metallic black that has green flecks in it... I think it is Onyx Black, IIRC... but that would need to be confirmed.

You could even go a slight bit further that direction and have some paint mixed... that is the darkest green possible, just one shade of green backed off from black... and do a bit of tone-on-tone. So dark that it would look like black most of the time... but in sunlight or reflection, it would show a green tint, to go with the main body color. (I am thinking for myself about how that would look with a blue/dark navy blue paint scheme...)

I don't instantly recall if the greens had tan interior... but with a tan interior, and the later yellow-tinted woodgrain dash panelling (not gray or the early "purple" woodgrain) and painted wheels with just a slight bronzed or yellow-gold tone, instead of straight grey or silver... and the bronze-tinted glass (smoke tinted glass aft of the doors, if it were me...) Would look great with tone-on-tone green paint.

That would be a nice lookin' SVX, right there. more toward the luxury look than the outright sporty looks, but still pretty slick.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 10-26-2009 at 03:03 PM.