Thread: reviving my SVX
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
She's ALIVE!!!!!

WOOT! Spent all day sunday (with several long intermissions to do other things as I found them to be done around the house) but at any rate, I did get Samantha up and running again.

I did exactly what you guys suggested and it worked like a charm, so thank you so much. The best part is, I took my old battery (bought 1/03) back to wal-mart and they gave me a new one for $9 (including tax), can't beat that I had the receipt still in the little baggy on the side of the battery. I took it in just so i could get the core charge and the guy said that particular battery had a 108 month warranty so i was like, sweet, but didn't give it another though. I figured with the pro-ration on it (it had been over 5 years after all) i wouldn't get much. But when he went to look it up in the system, he couldn't find it. Apparently wal-mart took the battery out of the system and he couldn't find it. So what he had to end up doing was giving me a credit for what i paid for the old one (since I had that handy little receipt) and put it towards the new one. When it was said and done, $9...so i paid the man and ran like a thief in the night.

After I got home, i unplugged the injectors, changed the oil and filter, then put in the new gas, and turned it over a few times to get her lubed up. Then, after a couple of turns. I reconnected the injectors and she started right up. For the first 10 minutes or so, it was a little rough. She spit out all sorts of smoke and kept sounding like she was going to die, but she didn't. I turned her off, took her off the jackstands and backed her onto the driveway and let her run for a bit longer. After 10-15 minutes, she was running like she'd never been sitting at all. I drove her around my house a few times and the rotors are still covered in rust, but they are slowly recovering.

Now that I have her running, i need to find a good mechanic to track down where that damn leak is. I've been thinking its the rear main seal, but it could be the front one. If thats the case, well i'm screwed (long story) but it'd be easier to replace the engine i think than deal with that.

If anyone knows a good mechanic in Dallas (that knows anything about SVX's) that could help me fix a leak, or replace an engine, please drop me a line. I'd appreciate it.
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.