View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:49 AM

Registered SVX
Re: 3rd and 4th gear are not engaging + weird smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip View Post
Hello Trevor,

Not bad, considering how far your country and mine are from each other :-)

So we measured the pressure and it was the same as last time. Numbers showed only in REVERSE, otherwise nothing. Switching ECO mode off, did not have any impact on the results.

The photo below shows the port we plugged it into. Is it correct one, or is it the one below, from that pair? We tried to plug it into both, but from the other one, when the thread was removed, the oil was leaking and not just a little, so we immediately tighten it a conduct measuring from the above one.

I would also like to pick up, that car is still the same,I definitely cannot say it is getting worse, the more I drive it. In terms of shifting and the smell, it is still the same. Smell is only outside the car.

I would even say, that the smell was now weaker than last time. Maybe because in my country now the weather is now getting colder

Thank you

Filip
Hello again Fillip,

Yes I am way, way down under and could fall off the planet and you are standing on the top. LOL

Posts 11 & 12 indicate that you have a VTD transmission, but you have not absolutely confirmed this. Please advise that you are sure that you have a VTD transmission, otherwise we are becoming completely confused.

It is 6+ years since I fitted my gauge, but if you have a VTD transmission your photo appears to show the wrong port. Refer the diagrams shown in posts 19 & 26. As I remember it, there are three (3) ports, one above the other, located within a recess/space/cavity between two sections of the transmission. The middle/center of the three ports is the correct one, as I remember it as as is shown in the diagrams.

You previously mentioned having to get a special tool and I presumed that you did not have a socket and extension or a tube spanner which you would need to reach the recessed plug. Your photo shows connections which could be reached with a normal spanner.

It appears certain that you are not connecting to the correct port. I would expect some oil to flow out and certainly if the engine is running.

You do not appear to have followed my suggestions regarding looking for the smell. This is important. Do you have someone who can assist you with translating English as we can not avoid technical words and phrases.

Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by svxcess; 11-06-2018 at 02:44 AM.