View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 11:43 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Did I just buy the Famous 161 mile Ebay Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
Wow thats a beauty. How many miles on it now.
Well, a quick update. the car now has 39k miles now. I've owned it for a little over 2 years now. I drove it a bit in 2010, but it remains a weekend car, garaged and taken care of.

A month after I bought the car, I drove it back up to Northern California to let Rojorocket do his magic and install new Koni inserts on all 4 corners. Rojo, Needforspeed, myself and Paul Dexler all had a nice weekend working on and talking about cars.

Untitled by dbarnblatt, on Flickr

Strut job ready to finish up_MG_1002_DxO (Medium) by dbarnblatt, on Flickr

Strut job two 97s II_MG_1015_DxO (Medium) by dbarnblatt, on Flickr

This year, at 38K miles I did some major preventative service on the engine:

Timing belt, pulleys, water pump, oil seals, cam seals, timing cover gaskets, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, and fluids. While it was all apart I detailed the engine and installed powder coated (black wrinkle finish) power steering bracket, AC bracket, and radiator brackets.

Currently in my garage I have 2 new rear wheel bearings, Goodridge stainless brake lines, Black polymer coated rotors, and a complete rebuilt set of black polymer coated calipers by Goldline Brakes in Seattle. I hope to get this stuff installed by Christmas. Along with a new set of stock wheels.

I'm going to tackle the manifold next... pull it one weekend and look into getting it powder coated aluminum and then replace all the vacuum hoses. Then, mechanically it is pretty much done, I think.

I have no plans for it other than for it to remain pretty much stock. (small modifications aside!)

Here with needforspeed's 1992 Alcyone SVX Version L:

Subaru 1992 SVX Version L and 1997 SVX LSi by dbarnblatt, on Flickr

Here, a recent shot...

Untitled by dbarnblatt, on Flickr

Last edited by dbarnblatt; 12-05-2011 at 11:48 PM.