View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 07:27 PM
#1 BRODAWG!

Registered SVX
Re: The Reading Xiii Countdown Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
I went that route for high school. We are having our 25th reunion this summer. I can't believe it has gone by that fast. We did an "exploratory" period freshman year where we went through every "shop". I learned how to run a lathe and milling machine...how to do electrical wiring...how to solder pipes...how to take apart a small engine...that I suck at carpentry...

I went into electronics as I was always fascinated by that stuff. One thing lead to the next and I eventually found myself in the EE Ph.D. program at MIT. You never know what the future holds so don't let anyone tell you that you can't go to a good college out of vo-tech or that you can't do anything else in life for that matter...for any reason. If you want to do it...go for it. You won't get or achieve everything you go for but going for it is the only way to have a chance.
Thats very cool. We also had exploratory. That was alot of fun. I was really bad at cosmo Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I sometimes hear that Tech voc schools are bad but i just think to myself that I already have an education in a field I work in. We also get industry certifications at are school so that puts us ahead of the game. I went into the Computer Technology shop.
Two years ago one of our Bio-Tech graduates went to MIT

Enjoy the reunion. That should be alot of fun.