View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 AM

Re: Whats wrong with this car

The trunk jams are red.

The turn-down sheetmetal edge on the roof around the sunroof is red. The door jam next to the plastic threshold plate is red.

If that is a re-paint, it is a thorough one, and someone did it right.

You can see on the trunk pic, that the area between the seal and the rear glass, the rain gutter, is red. But there might be some red paint overspray on the rear lower left corner of the rubber trunk seal.. or it could be a reflection... But I am seeing very few anomalies, visually. It would be interesting to see the car in person, and check under the hood, and under the front fender edges, and some of the really particular places that might show an original color uncovered.

I would think that if it were a red paintjob over white or silver, the roof and trunk top would look different, with a black base, unless it was either very well stripped down, and re-primed, or something equally time and labor consuming.

Could the VIN be a lie? A Vin from another car? Some sort of fraud deal?

Quote:
Vehicle Description
Installed Options
Driver Air Bag
Anti-Lock Brakes
Air Conditioning
Cruise Control
Leather Seats
Power Door Locks
Power Mirrors
Power Windows
Power Steering
Power Seats
Sunroof/Moonroof
Tilt Wheel

Seller's Description and Comments
This is probably the nicest example of a Subaru SVX AWD for sale anywhere. Car has always been garaged and looks very close to new. I still have the original window sticker which shows close to $30,000.00.... I also have the owners manual and the maintenance records. Car has new tires and battery since these pictures were taken. It is red with dark gray leather interior. It is fully loaded including sun roof. As you may know, this was an extremely fast car and was produced by Subaru for racing. However, this car has never been raced or, for that mater, never been driven at anywhere close to its potential speed. Very few SVXs were produced by Subaru. They were so much more expensive than the typical Subaru at the time. Subaru should have followed the lead of Toyota and others by leaving Subaru out of the name. I am in the Palm Beach, Florida area but, Colorado is the strongest market for all wheel drive vehicles. I would welcome a survey by a professional of your choosing. I will e-mail additional pictures upon request to joelane@bellsouth.net And, I will respond to phone calls to 561-625-6574 with additional details.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 02-07-2010 at 12:54 AM.