Thread: door fixation
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2003, 12:26 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Mummert
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Do I make you randy, baby? Yeah!

Just had a terrible Freudian thought. Since my mother named me, does that mean that she made me Randy?

Aredub, since you brought it up, (oh, no - just can't get away from double entendres).
Are you a Randolph, a Randall, or just plain old Randifer?

Rondifer.

I'm just plain Randy. My mother named me after a guy named Randy in a book that my grandmother (my Dad's mom) was reading at the time I was born. I'm sure his name was originally Randolf or some other, but they used the familiar form in the book, so, that's what I was stuck with. My mother only agreed to name me Randy in exchange for my grandmother buying her a mop (true story). My grandmother had a mop that impressed the heck out of my mom. It always remained white, no matter how much it was used. When it came time to give me a name, my grandmother suggested Randy. Mom wasn't too keen on the name, but, when my grandmother offered to buy her a mop like hers if she would stick the tag on me, my mom readily agreed.
Mom retained some dignity by giving me the same middle name as my grandfather (her dad) who was killed in a fire when she was 8 years old. My son carries the same middle name.

I know. More than you ever wanted to know about me, but, heck. Y'all are family. You should know little things like that.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI