View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
That hose connection on the bottom of the throttle body is the hose to the idle air controller. It should run in kind of a loop behind the boot/snorkle/air hose over to the passenger side where it plugs into the boot/snorkle/air hose. That's your main idle control. I don't know if you are using the "snorkle" or not but in any event it must be hooked into measured air (air hose after the mass air meter).

There is also a little bit smaller (soemthing around 1/2" or 5/8") air hose off of the top, driver's side of the throttle body which goes to the cold air bypass valve underneath the manifold and a hose that goes from the cold air bypass valve to the airhose. If you are running a manual transmision it may be best just to block off the connection on the throttle body and the conection on the air hose and not use the cold air bypass. This is necessary in order to effectively adjust your idle rpm and have it maintain a consistent setting that doesn't change when the engine warms up.

If you are using the pcv system it must be closed circuit only using measureed air. All the hoses from the engine most go to measured air (the normal connections on the boot/snorkle/air hose if you are using it). If you let fresh unmeasureed air into the engine the pcv system effectively becomes a large air leak for unmeasured air which will destroy idle and make the car run lean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat
No, I have it wired to the ECU. I can keep it running if I keep the revs up but as soon as I let it try to idle, it dies.

Does anyone have a vacumme line routing diagram? I think I have a IAC line not running to the intake. I's @ 3/4" diameter that comes from under the tb. So much was missing when I got this engine that I am having to guess some things.....I think its a vacumme thing. Have to research it though but I'm sure thats not helping.

Interior is reassembled and harness all pretty. Cooling, body and an idlae is all thats left.