Thread: EZ36 swap
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 09:59 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Re: EZ36 swap

DBW should be of little concern when swapping a motor like this. One swapping in such a motor can easily adapt a cable TB and external IAC with some simple work. Relatively easy in truth

I almost chose an EZ30 over the EG33 when I did the swap into the WRX. Availability was the final determining factor in the end but the EZ is a great motor to build on when using an aftermarket EMS. The stock EMS is not choice for a swap as the electronics around it are a bit more complicated than the EG and the harness is a nightmare to weed. Best to MS it on a budget, or go Autronic/Hydra if you're looking for a more fancy setup(nothing wrong with MS at all though!!)

The EZ36 Is a good motor for what it is in stock form. It makes great power and torque and is quite small and light for the size, even smaller than an aircooled flat 3.6 M64 from a 993. The only achilies heel it has are those damn asymetrical connecting rods in it to acheive that displacement.

I may eventually swap an EZ30 into my car if/when the EG pops. Trying to pull some weight off the nose of the car(EG33 in there + ~120lbs in skidplate and front crash beam.)