Thread: Duty Solenoid C
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 10:30 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Duty Solenoid C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpianoman View Post
My mechanic and I just did a 4.44 swap on a ’92 using a 1998 Forester transmission. It’s the second 4.44 swap we’ve done and the first one has worked just fine for over a year now. With the second one, though, it’s binding a bit. It’s most noticeable when turning sharply at low speed. I’m getting a Transmission Code 24 – Duty Solenoid C code.

My mechanic took the car back into his shop and pulled the transmission pan. The filter had been rubbing against the bottom of the pan because the pan must have been hit and bent up when the donor car was totaled. He fixed that and replaced the Duty Solenoid C with a new one. But I’m still having the same problem.

I'm hoping to give this car to my sister who lives 2,500 miles away. She'll be here in less than a week so I need to fix this problem right away.

Any ideas?
Does "having of the same problem" include getting a code 24?

If you are still registering a code 24, there could be a wiring or connector fault.

You refer only to the removal of the pan which would not give access solenoid C. Did your mechanic remove the rear assembly? Could he have replaced the wrong solenoid?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!