View Single Post
Old 04-08-2002, 10:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to jeradsvx
Question need some help with check engine light

Hi everyone, My name is Jerad and I own a 92 LS-L. I am fairly new to the network, I was using yahoo until it switched over, I like this much better anyways. Sorry for the length of this post as well.

ok the problem.

I go to school at Umass and in october i had to put my car up due to financial troubles at the time. I drove it back to new york and put it in my garage. three weeks later i went home and started it up so i could wash it and place it up until now. when i tried starting it the battery was lacking juice so i jumped it and it ran. about five minutes after it started the check engine light came on. I washed the car put it in the garage and took the battery out not really worrying about it. The car sat from the mid of october to this last weekend. I went home this last weekend becasue i am now able to put it back on the road. I charged the battery and put it back in. The car still didnt have enought juice to start so i jumped it again. Once it started the power light flashed 16 times and the check engine light came on. I must have not hooked the postive tight so i shut the car off and tighten the nut. Still the battery was dead so i jumped again. the car started no power light but the check engine light was on the whole time. I took it for a tiny drive didnt go over 20 and it ran fine. Idled perfect and shifted great. I know that the battery is done but I was wondering what you guys thought about the check engine light. I would like some opinions as well as to what i should do before it gets totally back on the road. I really appreciate all the help. Thank you
Jerad